Re: Logo

Ian, I've been meaning to get back to you for a while about this logo thing.

I think the best thing to do here is to whip the Berkley logo into a good shape for classroom use.
Topologika has a good turtle graphics implementation called "Desktop screen turtle" as well - I've got
the source for that somewhere from an old version - It may be easy to port but I'm not sure.

As far as a programming language for edsoft goes, Squeak looks interesting so expect me to pick your
brains AN AWFUL LOT about this in the near future.

Ian, can I ask you how you like to program for Linux? GTK, QT etc. Maybe we could get together on a
project. We need to develop a way for programmers out there to quickly and easily develop software with a
minimum learning curve. Maybe Squeak is tha answer, maybe logo, maybe TCL/TK, maybe just specific
libraries in C ontop of GTK. I suspect there's a range of solutions - development proliferates when there
are good, simple libraries and a software base to begin with.

People have been talking about the technical merits of various solutions such as hypercard, metacard etc.
But I don't see much about what would actually be done in terms of content here. Isn't it better to
discuss content and then decide how it could be implemented? When it comes to the hypercard stuff, pupils
tend to only need the most basic of tools anyway, little more than a glorified DTP package.

Roman.