Re: Linux Lab & Server

Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com> wrote:
> Beyond that, you'll have to look at the details of your installation. On my
> (Debian) systems, for example, rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd are in /usr/sbin --
> kind of hard to do NFS mounts of /usr with this setup. Similarly, inetd is
> in /usr/sbin ... you get the idea.

One little trick you can use is to have a skeleton /usr/sbin that has
the necessary applications to mount NFS (and perhaps some other
rescue tools).  Then when you mount /usr it will cover up the local
/usr.  I've never done anything with NFS, but I remember hearing
someone mention this.

--
Ian Bicking <bickiia@earlham.edu>