roster is at 0.8.0 (major revamp, generalizations); roster URL changed

Hi,

I have updated roster to 0.8.0 (note increment of minor number: it means the
database format has changed). I will upgrade the web page to suit, soon.

Some hilites:

- classes now key on campus+term+intraCampusClassID
- roster no longer tied to one department or school
- all databases that make references to classes now use the same key to do so
- a download can include previous terms, classes in other depts or campuses

So far, merge and mk-logins work, at least for start-of-semester.

I'm about to test it today on a real download. In the process, I will be
getting the other more peripheral stuff going, like class printouts, emailing
to teachers, databases for teachers to use for gradebooks and master printouts
and databases. At that time, I will release a roster-0.8.1.

URL
---

The roster project URL has changed slightly to allow downloads of the code
again (oops :).

First, the main Roster page is at

   http://www.laney.edu/pub/jim/roster/html/

The feature list is at

   http://www.laney.edu/pub/jim/roster/html/#featurelist

and the current status is (well, will be shortly) at

   http://www.laney.edu/pub/jim/roster/html/#status

In addition, I have a to-do and volunteer request page at

   http://www.laney.edu/pub/jim/roster/html/#todo

One more: the download area is now re-established. Please use http only!
We allow no ftp! But, you can get to the index at

   http://www.laney.edu/pub/jim/roster/

-Jim

---
Jim Lynch       Finger for pgp key