Re: Docs Question

* Bill Tihen (bill@tasis.ch) [990820]:%y20Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 05:08:28PM +0200]:
> Thanks Robert,
>
> This will get me started on CVS from the look of things, but now I would like to know more about making HowTo's.  Someone said their is an offical format -- I went to LDP site, and couldn't find anything on formatting -- except that they use SGML-tools.  But nothing about a good SGML formatting program.  (I am not excited by the prospect of learning SGML).

Alas, there really is none that would be free. You need to do all of
the markup yourself. SGMLtools now uses Docbook (as of version 2), to
get it working on a RedHat 6.0 machine you might need some work, but
it can be done. Ask me or the SGMLtools list for help.

> I also noticed that none of the HowTos have any pictures.  I plan on making these tutorials with pictures -- real tutorials for real beginners and non-linux folks who just want to learn to be productive.

DocBook supports pictures and a lot of other fun stuff, the markup is
quite a bit hairier though.

As a reply to another post, I've installed psgml without any problems
on my work and home computers.

ramin
--
Ramin Miraftabi				Student of Computer Science
email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi		University of Joensuu

	-- GPG public key ID 49C9CFF7 --	(c) Copyright 1999