Re: [seul-edu] schools and Internet collaboration

kmatta@ebmail.gdeb.com wrote:

> Interesting article,  Kamal
>
> SCHOOLS PARTNER WITH THE INTERNET
> Starting this fall, Denver parents won't need to wait for parent-teacher
> day to catch up with what
> their children are doing in school. They can go online. But the
> collaboration between schools and Internet companies worries some.Why?
> http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/schools000731.html

We have apps for Linux (AUC, LearnLoop, Shadow, Chris Lehmann's reporting
stuff, etc.) that can do all of this.  Some of our most evident shortcomings
are the lack of documentation on how to configure and use these tools and
the lack of publicity to make them known to the educational community.  I
don't know just what we might be able to do to address them (well, the
documentation is just a matter of the will and desire to do it).  Jen
Horney, is this something the RH Center might be interested in?

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid