[seul-edu] Advocacy: More to support Linux acceptance in schools...

I recently got an email suggesting I attend a conference in Washington
supporting Linux  (Linux Users Forum and Awards Presentations - 30 Oct
2000 - Wash. D.C. AWARDS... EXHIBIT AND  SPONSOR OPPORTUNITIES)

The only thing that caught my eye was this snip....
"Twenty-six percent (26%) of federal installations have reported use of
the Linux
operating system in their organization, as reported by IDC.  IDC also
estimates
that "most of the government's sophisticated, back-office computers will
be running
Linux by 2002.""

The thinking is, if the slow plodding United States Government will use
and embrace it, is it good enough to put in our schools?  I like to
think so.

Bill