Re: [seul-edu] SEUL Licensing (was: Our presence at trade shows)

Bill Ries-Knight writes:
 > A thought on the FREE educational software.....
 >
 > If we expect ALL developers of software <ANY> to NEVER expect a return for
 > the time and energy spent developing <ANY> software, how many developers
 > will develop <ANY> software?
 >
 > The concept of free means there is an economic trade-off at some point.  The
 > question is this:  Do we expect educational software developers to develop
 > TOP QUALITY software because they have a big heart and a big pocket?  It
 > takes time awy from family, friends, or paying work to develop software.
 > There is a loss of time , money or relationships.  Should we require this
 > loss?

Hum, you are right but then how GNU, Linux, Gnome, KDE come true?

The KDE people did'nt say: "Ok we've developed the Desktop, so we will
stop there and will not develop a free office suite"

Getting a free system is a constant work, step by step, started 16
years ago. Why should we get an execption concerning education.

Hilaire