Re: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

Yes, I agree that working to build a framework for a cross-platfrom app
is a good thing.  What I meant to say, and I realize now that I didn't, was
that it will considerably slow things down.  I have been looking carefully
through some of the abiword project's source to see how they do it.
It will also limit us to using C++ for most iif not all of the code.

A lot of this is thinking out loud and I am glad to share my thoughts on this.

I will be the first to admit that I am not likely to be the one working on
a Windows or Mac client for this.  I am not familiar with writing software
for either of these platfroms.  My experience is mostly with GTK+/GNOME
as that is what I have written and read the most of.

What do you guys think?

Chris Edwards
Computer/Network Technician
Washington County Virginia Public Schools
http://www.wcs.k12.va.us