Re: Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Fw: Linux in schools?

Doug Loss wrote:
<snip>
> Take a look at <http://www.k12ltsp.org/>, along with
> <http://www.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu/IntranetSoftware> and
> <http://www.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu/AdminSoftware>.  K12LTSP does much of what you're
> asking about; the apps on the two SEUL pages (which include AbulEdu :-)) cover a wide
> variety of possibilities.

I had found the LTSP website, but not the K12LTSP website.  Thanks.
My main addition I would like to see is a free X-server for Windows
machines, as this would allow a Linux application server to 'slot in' to
an existing Windows environment, without even requiring rebooting (such
as with the floppy solution).

I looks like that most of what I am after is already out there, which is
fine by me.  Once I colate it all togehter, the next step is to actively
promote it.

Cheers,

Rasjid.