Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:45:57AM -0400, Matt Jezorek wrote:
> We can do it I will tell you that. We can work on making that a minimal
> install where it will have only the very basics with a word processor
> spreadsheet and minor stuff and take out networking and everything else if
> needed.

I'd keep in networking unless the system physically doesn't have any
networking hardware.  And then, make it easy to install later, when and
if a network card is installed.

Networking is quite important, esp. for administration down the road.
Trying to fit software updates on 1.44MB floppies would be hard. :)
Assuming the schools have CD burners is a bad assumption. :)
(Assuming the PCs have CD readers is a bad assumption, too ;) )

-bill!