Re: [seul-edu] 100% replacement of WinNT systems with Samba for schools

> Hey, it sounds like everything is "already done"! <grin>
>
> So, just run samba in a separate domain and make it domain master. Or else
> build a router to move the SMB port traffic to the other VLAN....this isn't
> a technical issue, I would think, but a political one (ie. Turf issues.)
>
> Who does user management?

That is one issue.  I am not entirely sure what is the best way.  If I
have samba then I need a way to add users etc which I have proposed to
be done with webmin.  I particularly like webmin for it allows me to
add modules as needed.  The user management has to be done by the school's
technical administrator who oversees the other systems as well.

Harish

--
Harish Pillay 9v1hp, Chief Technology Officer
I Q m i n d . c o m -- Where Learning Never Ceases

http://www.iqmind.com
w 65.323.6838 x 12   f 65.323.0208