Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry(sic)

Hi,

I'm an old slackware guy and have done mucho grande installs way back to
3.2 . The main issue is the libraries. If using a later version distro and
all libraries are installed, then I frankly don't see any problem with
adding your 20 applications for K-12 use. If there are library issues, then
build them statically linked.

I try to avoid distros with a ton of scripting, etc. since this introduces
all kinds of dependency issues and makes life more difficult if you know
what you're doing in terms of text based configuration files.(the Unix Way).

It really should be like the old DOS days; make a folder, drop in the app,
add the app to a menu, done!

Les R.