Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry

> How do people feel about a dedicated Linux Distro made for the Educational
> Group? The reason I ask is my company is starting development of this
distro
> and we would like feedback on what the public or those supporting and
> dealing with the school systems closly think.  With this distro we would
try
> to pack all the Educational Software games and such for younger students
as
> well as put together a second version that will contain administrative
> software for the schools. Does anyone think it can fly?

I just had to clarify something. Maybe I am off my rocker here. But it seems
that I need to clarify something
here. I am not wanting to build this distribution to teach the workings of
Linux or even teach Linux really. What I see our distribution going towards
is to lower budget of licensing and so forth. Yes it would be nice for the
kids to learn Linux as a OS but what I would rather see is Linux being able
to lower the technology budget so that they (School Systems) can spend more
money on there teachers and schools themselves not the computers that power
them.

-Matt