Re: [seul-edu] School count

Is this really a good thing to do? One company, which I
leave unnamed, keeps track of these things. They then use
these lists to show to their sales managers that they are
losing money. That company has the position that Linux is
fine for studying in the university but should not go beyond
the university gates. It is, then, the job of the sales manager
to a) find work for the creator of the site b) find work for
the collaborators c) give free copies of software to the schools
so that they continue to use a different OS. d) advertise by
any means to the local people that Linux is not as desirable.

This is not speculation, flames, or whatever. It is not information
I received from Linux users. It is all from the directives of
recent meetings for sales managers worldwide.