Re: [seul-edu] School count

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, S. Barret Dolph wrote:

> Sales people will use the list whether you want them to
> or not. A school here set up a server, Msql database, and
> some other things. The cost to them was very low to nothing.
> Even though they could not have afforded commercial software
> a large software company estimated the cost of replacing the
> free software with commercial software and counted this as
> a loss to their business. It is not the sales managers who
> root out such items.

Two things come to mind.  First, Microsoft (let's name names)
probably already knows about these schools.  All Jennifer's data
are doing is giving us some of the same information.  I don't
see why we shouldn't have access to the information too.
Second, if we hope to make Linux a major player in education by
sneaking it in unnoticed, we've already lost.  Linux must (and
will) stand on its own strengths.  What Jennifer's list will do
is give us a better chance of refuting MS's lies about Linux in
an educational setting.

--
Doug Loss           Advertisements contain the only truths
dloss@suscom.net    to be relied on in a newspaper.