Re: [seul-edu] Basic System Wish List

"Jeff L." a écrit :

> I have a number of computers in my classroom - most are 486/early
> pentiums. Those with network cards are running Win95.  That
> accounts for 6 computers.  I still have about 8 which my district
> chooses to not support (i.e., no software) so I am looking for a
> version of linux to install which would allow a basic spreadsheet
> program with some graphing (similar to Lotus 123), some word
> processing, and a program which would allow programming
> exercises.

This is what we've done with TINY Linux
	http://tiny.seul.org

This GNU/Linux distribution has everything you need, and in compact size

Yet with as little RAM and drive as you describe, don't try to get
graphical display, only a text terminal

So you could also try to use your old boxes as xterms

--
Odile Bénassy
You know nothing about GNU/Linux,