Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: [Fwd: M.L.U.G Samba Mandrake 8.0 on NT network]]

Replying to list and Alan as requested ...

First off, I can't speak to the Mandrake printer setup question, but
knowing the rest of the distro, I'm sure it's quite capable.

You can get around the IP address problem by assigning an IP address to
this machine in the dhcpd.conf file (assuming that you're using dhcpd on
Linux to do this, though I'd be shocked if similar functionality didn't
exist in WinNT). We had to do this at a previous contract when they
bought a big HP 8550, but for some strange reason decided not to get the
network option (a simple card).

We assigned that win-box a static ip in the dhcpd.conf file so that it
would always have the same addy.  Configuring printcap to work with this
printer was pretty straightforward thereafter.

Hope this helps,

Pete

P.S. I'm in Montreal if I can be of any help.