From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org]On Behalf
Of Mike Norton
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 11:45 PM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: [seul-edu] Intro and Help please

Hello.

My name is Mike Norton and I am the Administrator for a public charter
school called Sierra Pines Academy.

I love Linux and im working on setting our school up to use all linux
servers for all of its admin work.  This brings me to the need for
help.

I am desperately needing a package that will allow us to input grades
and produce report cards and transcripts.  This is something that
will be school wide rather than teacher centric.

We also need a good system for the teachers to post assignments and
homework so parents can be involved.  And what would be wonderfull
is if these two systems would work together.  BUT the first one is
a MUST have.  I could write one using php and MySQL but I simply
do not have the time.

Does anyone out there know of something we can use?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Norton
http://www.sierrapinesacademy.org