Re: [seul-edu] Some ideas to consider

training and support

Schools and districts are wary of the 'mavericks' that try out a new app or sys. The mavericks move on, leaving the app or system and noone knows or cares how to keep it going. The interest dies because it is not getting life support from new stakeholders.

Training and support is tough to come by for linux in general. Courses here in California for linux classes run in the big bucks. And, most tech guys/ people are lousy teachers (I've sat through a couple of those courses). As a techy kind of teacher, I can understand why the non-techies are not interested. As well, from a management perspective, the administration, they fear change rightly for the chaos it brings into an already chaotic structure.

For the mildly tech inclined... well, it's an individual learning matter. Very lonely, often misunderstood, and swimming against the current of MS and Apple stuffed schools.

Dennis