Re: [seul-edu] Announce of LibLingotTeach

Hi Hilaire,

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:50:26 +0200 <<>> Hilaire Fernandes
<hilaire@ext.cri74.org> :

> You may be interested to know about AssetML a project we started at
> OFSET. As far as I can understand AssetML is a complement piece to
> what you have done as it is about locating and referencing with some
> meta data low level resources as images, texte, video, sound. If you
> want to know more you can take a look at
> http://freeduc.linuxtag.uni-kl.de/cps/Public/devel/assetml/assetml_description/view

Sounds and looks interesting, although a first look lets me suggest,
that the paths are static. However, we will see, how and if it can fit
our needs (for the library and the purposes of it).

> You can contact directly Bruno Coudoin (bcoudoin@ofset.org), he
> started the project to use it for GCompris and I can imagine it can be
> usefull in other software where such low level ressources are used.

If there will be any question from my side towards it, I will do so.

Do you know, how 'wide-spreaded' the AssetML tool is? Is anything known
about its acceptance in projects (or any other subject) besides
GCompris?

Thanks for your information.

Regards
Marcus

--
If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
	-- Arthur Kasspe