Re: Need more pointers and wishes (fwd)

Here's my response.

>>>JH == Jan Hlavacek <lahvak@math.ohio-state.edu> wrote at Sat, 5 Dec 1998
03:20:26 -0400 :

>I would really like to see some kind of multimedia version of logo,
>something like microworlds or star logo,  or even comenius logo or
>mswlogo.  There is of course the excellent ucblogo by Brian Harvey,  but
>it is completely different kind of program.  We need something where
>children can do animations,  music,  maybe 3d drawing like in mswlogo,
>multiple turtles,  possibility to change turtle shape and so on.

Miguel Sepulveda is beginning work on a 3D Logo for Linux, according to his
last few messages here.  Miguel, perhaps Jan would be interested in helping
out?  Jan, how about it?  Of course, anyone else who'd like to help out is
encouraged to get in contact with Miguel too.  I know that I'd like to see
something like this.  It's worth looking into the Toontalk program that Jan
mentioned to see if it has any ideas that can be adapted for Miguel's
program; I'll try to do that momentarily.

As to ISETL, if there are any programmers here on the list itching to get
started on something that may be just the ticket.  It certainly sounds
interesting.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes