A way to activate our efforts / open multimedia standards / Re: Developers tools?

Roman Suzi writes:

 > May be we can raise practical activity by doing a lot of  small
 > non-ambitious projects, which we can then present on  a  web  -
 > and the eduware web-page will not look empty!
 >
 > OTOH, these  "quickies"  could  distract  efforts  from  larger
 > projects... But I think there we win more than lose.

 > eduware project due to lack of tools for  quiality  multimedia.
 > Could we instead make a lot little things ("quickies"), so  the
 > list of accomplishements will not look empty and  attract  more
 > people, more developers, more clients with their  wishes?  (and
 > at the same time we will start to get satisfaction early?)
 >
 > Can somebody from this list (better NOT developers  themselves)
 > provide ideas for small projects, that is programs, which could
 > be made by professional programmers at leasure or by  beginners
 > with equal (and quick) satisfaction?

sorry, i am a developer and this is a plug for existing software.

finger ttn@netcom.com and grab adhoc.el.  it will seem primitive and
non-useful.  send me suggestions on how to change that.  we can hold
discussion here or offline.

as you do not favor lisp-like languages, and i do, i ask that you also
post the (formal) syntax of the language you wish to program in.  that
way, i and others can write parsers.  time to see how far the bison has
trod on the embedded path...

btw, i agree w/ your position: it is better to think both top-down and
bottom-up simultaneously, than to overemphasize one or the other.

thanks,
thi