Re: Gradebook definition - first try

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Doug Loss wrote:

>> Doug, is there somewhere we can put these program suggestions on the seul
>> website? It would be helpful to have them available "at a glance" for
>> developers and others. Hopefully, we can get some good discussion going on
>> other features that would be useful.
>
>If you'll compile them into one message and send it to me, I'll see to
>getting it into HTML and posted on the website somewhere.  On a related

I haven't had a chance to look really hard at CVS yet, but could we store
the evolving specifications, standards and code in the repository?  It
would make it easier to make cross-references that way.

Example:
	/* here is my implementation of a display routine for EDUML 1.2.FOO */
		DisplayStuff (...)
			...code here...
	/* end display for EDUML 1.2.FOO */

and

	The current implementation of a display routine for this data can
	be found in EduReport's Report_O_Matic module, function
	DisplayStuff.

Or does CVS not work this way?

I'm not schooled in the science of human factors, but I suspect surprise
is not an element of a robust user interface.  - Chip Rosenthal