Re: OK: No EO and instead Locale Tag?

>Duane, you sound like you have some clue about writing DTDs.  Bruno,

I managed a guy once who wrote one for me, does that count? :)
Actually, yes, I know a bit about DTDs, and hope to learn more over
the near future (I have 2 or 3 other XML-related projects getting
started in the new year, so this makes good practice).

>to help with that Duane?

As time permits, sure (hence my request for a repost of v0.5).

Bruno (and perhaps this is a better discussion for offline), can
you fill me in on where the notion of using <edu:ml> as a tag
came from?  I can't find any other examples of XML/DTD that use a :
in a tagname like that - any special reason for it?  Typically in
the samples I'm seeing, the root tag is just another english tag
like the others.

Are people thinking to see this in one big DTD (and, by extension, have
all data come from one big data source)?  Or break it up into several
logic DTDs?  I'm in favor of the latter, myself.  Not only
will each DTD be cleaner, but programs could be written that only
read in the data they need.  An attendance program doesn't necessarily
need to know the address of the school, for example.  EDUML, therefore,
would simply be defined as "The following collection of DTDs to choose
from".

(Remember that an XML toolkit will (should!) be able to read any
XML/DTD pair equally well. You don't have to rewrite your code for
each combination.  That's one of it's benefits :)!)

Of course, I've never tried to write a generic standard ML like this
before, so if someone's run across evidence of a preferred way to do it,
please correct me and point me at it.

Thanks,
   Duane