Re: Older Equiptment

Wil Langford wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Michael A Hamblin wrote:
>
> >I wasn't too hopeful about ethernet adapters, even if they did exist they
> >would be able to do a lot.
>
> I take it the Apple II's were before AppleTalk?

The IIgs had an ApplwTalk card available for it; the IIe had the
LocalTalk Workstation card.  I found a source of refurbed LocalTalk
Workstation cards for US$149 each.  Is it worth that price?  Maybe the
ednet people do better--I noticed in one of their graphics that the
Apple IIs were communicating at 230Kbps, which sounds suspiciously like
LocalTalk.

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards