Here's something to do...

Anyone want to help out the stock simulator, as well as other Web based
educational apps we might develop?

Make an RPM of Apache, compiled with PHP 3.  PHP should be built with
PostgeSQL support and with GD 1.3 graphics library support.  The libgd.a
library should be included so it doesn't need to be installed
seperately.  It should depend on the Postgres RPM being installed.  If
an existing Apache RPM is installed, this should replace it.

You'll also need to edit the Apache config files a bit to add support
for PHP files.  And a /usr/doc/apachephp or something needs to be made
for misc information, including licenses.  I can help with what stuff
should go in and where it should be placed on the system.

Rationale:  I pretty much decided to use PHP in the stock simulator.  It
really does simplify some things, and it will result in better
performance.  But installing it and building a custom Apache can be
daunting to our target audience.  If we have an RPM, that would
eliminate installation grief for people.

Postgres: because it's the only good *Open Source* RDBMS.  I'd really
recommend standardizing on it for our stuff, partly because of
licensing, and partly because it's quite feature-filled.  And it's in
constant development - I believe they've made some speed improvements
lately.

Postgres doesn't need an RPM -- RedHat has already done that.

I'm not sure how to make RPMs or I'd do it...

Any volunteers?????

Thanks,
Micah