[seul-edu] [Fwd: stickers 0.1.2]

Roger just sent me this message.  Paul Kienzle has designed this program
and refined it a bit from feedback on the kidsgames mailing list.  This
is a nice program for young kids, and could be a basis for something
like a child's picture storybook writer program.  I don't know if Paul
would be interested in doing that, though.  Chris Ellec, have you heard
anything off-channel about kidsgames?  It's been very quiet for a while
now.

Roger R Dingledine wrote:

> stickers-0.1.2-1.src.rpm
> stickers-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm
>
> Name        : stickers                     Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.1.2                             Vendor: (none)
> Release     : 1                             Build Date: Sun Dec  5 17:40:22 1999
> Install date: Sun Dec  5 17:42:10 1999      Build Host: uebn.uddeborg.pp.se
> Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: stickers-0.1.2-1.src.rpm
> Size        : 1263438                          License: GPL
> Packager    : Gvran Uddeborg <gvran@uddeborg.pp.se>
> URL         : http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/stickers/
> Summary     : A program which lets you place images on a background scene.
> Description :
> By Paul Kienzle and Tanya Riseman <stickers@kienzle.powernet.co.uk).
>
> Sticker Book is a program which lets you place images on a background
> scene. Every parent surely knows how much fun kids have with
> these. Indeed, they are a must for any long plane or car ride. Our
> program is even better than the paper version (assuming you have a
> laptop) since you can resize, recolour and reorient the stickers that
> you use, and since you never need run out of stickers. You can even
> paint with them!
>
> The program is intended for the 3-7 year old crowd, but it got a
> little out of hand, and now its even fun for adults (well, for us
> anyway). It is flexible enough to make sophisticated pictures without
> being as complex as drawing/painting program. The features which make
> it great for the three year old are:
>
>   1.we confine the mouse pointer to the window so your toddler can't
>     damage the system
>   2.we use large buttons so coordination is less critical
>   3.we use a big, ugly mouse pointer so that it is easy to find
>   4.we don't use any words so reading is not required
>   5.we provide keyboard controls so less coordination is required
>   6.we give lots of visual feedback
>   7.we allow lots of time for press/release so key repeat isn't a
>     burden

-- BEGIN included message