Re: [seul-edu] OFF TOPIC: NT printing?

re: Win 98 - you might use this cheat to connect LPT1 to your DeskJet on
the network. Set the printer up in Win98, then share it, and connect to
it like this:

net use LPT1 \\localmachinename\printer

I've done this on an NT box that had a local printer attached that a DOS
proggie couldn't talk to, but I bet it'll work in your situation as
well.

As to NT seeing the DeskJet Server, you'll likely need to install a
Network Monitor from HP. NT comes with some Monitors (such as
AppleTalk), and others you must install. For example, we use primarily
Lexmark laser printers, and have to install Lexmark's Network Monitor on
our NT machines to print to them.

You might also be able to get away with just installing the TCP/IP
printing services, and print solely based on IP from the NT box, if the
JetDirect Server has an lpd in it.

I'm at home right now, but if you need more info I've got it at work and
will be there later today...

Chris