[seul-edu] doc standard instead of Software standard?

 > I was wondering if anybody has tried standardizing the format that
 > one saves documents in.  For example using RTF so that any word
 > processor can use it.
 >
 > Ideas on how to impliment (and convert to) a document standard will
 > help me deploy Linux boxes much more easily.  And will simplify
 > many of our school's document incompatibility problems.

We've got the same problem here. In Asia, the headmaster of the french
schools communicate by email but they don't stop sending WinWord files
where RTF will be enought. I've send them all a message explaining
that sending WinWord file by email is not a very good idea but they
don't seem to understand. May be french people need advice that come
from the top hierarchy :)

Hilaire