Re: [seul-edu] OT: address service on email

Bill Ries-Knight wrote:

> I just had a strange returned mail...
> the header from the bounce gave a "forwarding address" for the original
> recipient.  (Copied below)  I was wondering how easy these are to
> configure.  In a school setting they could be quite useful as the
> students move around, especially with the oddities of multi-track
> year-round schools.
>
> Anyone experienced it before?

   No, but on Linux or any other Unix the best way around it is to put
into your home directory ".forward" file with your new address.

  However, if you want to erasse the home directory, simply put the
new address to the /etc/aliases and run "newaliases" to create the
/etc/aliases.db used by sendmail.

   However, I never arranged the automatic reply. I would also be
interested, what it takes to arrange it.

--
                                                    Petr Vicherek

Gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis