[seul-edu] E-mail

Someone answered this for me awhile back and I lost the answer along
with a lot of other good info in a hard-drive crash so I'll go to the
wisdom well again.

I'm a volunteer tekki in K-8 school.  Our network is a home-built LINUX
box Ethernetted to a Win95 box in each classroom. Like most schools, we
have Windows 95 quasi-literate teachers who don't know from CLI and
aren't long on time to learn new tricks.

I want them to be able to use a web browser (probably Internet Explorer
5) to pick up their E-mail from the server-cum-postoffice. Can you
suggest a Linux application (preferably open source, AKA Free) that can
perform this?  If there is something, great!  If there isn't, I'll
probably alias their mail out to Hotmail or Yahoo accounts and let the
teachers use their web browser and PPP through the network to pick up
their mail.

Your thoughts??

Dan Mc