RE: [seul-edu] Re: Web Site Prototype

> > That's fine--it is very easy to fix that--I was planning on replacing
> the
> > text menu along the side with graphics anyways.
>
> I _strongly_ advise against doing anything that's graphics only.  The
> whole point of HTML and the World Wide Web is to present information in
> a pleasing way that degrades gracefully depending on the capabilities of
> the user's browser.  Gratuitous use of graphics for elements that are
> just as easily represented textually is the bane of many people using
> text-only browsers.
	[Culp, David]  I agree with that  , when I orinially began wrok on
thelinuxgurus.org I had a graphic image with an imagemap as the main menu on
the left side.  After awhile I changed it to text, now the only graphic that
loads is the background which will not affect a text only browser, plus the
page loads faster as that graphic menu was having to load each time the user
went somewhere on the site.

	David Culp