Re: [seul-edu] Re: perl or......

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:40:50 -0500
Tom Hoffman <rid00654@ride.ri.net> wrote:

> on 12/5/00 1:41 AM, Michael Totschnig at michaelt@supernet.ca wrote:
>

> Unfortunately, as a few people have mentioned, it isn't clear who will be
> motivated to develop this tool.  I think it is too abstract a notion for
> most English teachers to get excited about, unless it was presented to them
> as a complete package.  On the other hand, just making a simplified version
> of Lyx, removing many of its technical features and irrelevant (in a K-12
> context) classes and templates removed might be a start.

That would pretty much get down to ifdef'ing out all of the math menus, right?
I think anyone with a few hours of time and basic understanding of C should manage that. Maybe even me... (LyX is written in C, right?)

Are you being serious about such a project? I guess if I can find the time, I could have a look at it (if it's not too urgent).

Have fun,
--
Thomas Tempé

All models are wrong.