[seul-edu] Star Office Color Printing -Manolo

Manolo:

Thanks for your suggestions!  I followed your procedures, but haven't solved
the problem yet -- I'm still working on it. I found that the Star Office bar
graphs, when saved as jpegs, look great on the screen, but print out poorly
on Start Office or any other graphics program.  Imported jpeg pictures will
not print in color in Star Office.  The will print in color MOST of the time
in KWord -- but not all of the time.  Sometimes they come out grey.  Colored
text prints in color just fine in both Start Offce and KWord.  Gradient fills
print fine in Start Office.

I installed the most recent version of Ghostscript, as well as the most
recent CUPS drivers.  No change.  When I tried the CUPS calibration tool, I
could get a color chart to print in Star Office, but the print was quite
faint - even with the calibration settings at their darkest.

Given all this, it seems that the problem lies with the CUPS drivers.  They
seem to have a color threshold below which they will not print color, only
greyscale.

I will continue my research..........

Robert