Re: [seul-edu] New Year's resolutions

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Douglas Loss wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Bill Ries-Knight wrote:
>
> > I am totally confused on this one Harry!
> >
> > "decency laws prohib the distribution of a fair amount of
> > source code"
> >
> Some folks are more than a touch profane in their comments in
> the source code.

Correct, in fact the Kernel went though a major cleanup about a year ago,
IIRC.  It was determined that Australia's new Internet releated laws would
not permit the distribution of the kernel source code (Before cleanup)...

I might suggest a few choice GREPs through your favorite source tree, you
might be amazed at what some programers feel are valid comments.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)