Re: [seul-edu] criteria: was site tools for schoolforge

Other criteria should include ease of application code maintenance, because as
we know people come and go. I think that a PHP based application is the
way to go ... the server set up easier and understood by many more people,
and the language is easier and understood by many more people. Sure, it
can't do everything like Python tries to, but it does what it does do (the
web) very well. I've never really gotten into Perl but I understand that
Perl can be messy and difficult to maintain (again, with people turnover
in mind).

I'm not suggesting PHP for everything, but for web-based communication
it's hard to beat in my opinion.

There are lots of choices:

phpWeblog, phpNuke, postNuke, Midguard, phpgroupware, Phorum, etc

Michael

--
Michael Hall