Re: [seul-edu] avice on speaking to Speaking to District Trustee's

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, SteelHead wrote:

> I hope to slip away and attempt to toss in a few words.  I
> am curious to find out what has been effective in getting
> the attention of officials at this type of event.

I wouldn't count on a few comments at a public hearing having too much
effect. By all means, go ahead a speak up because others at the meeting may
add to what you say. If you really want to have an effect I would make sure
to get the names of those who seem to be decision makers on the issue and
contact them personally. You'll probably get a lot more than 5 minutes to
make your case.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com