Re: [seul-edu] Re: [OS:N:] Re: Moving forward... - RE: Who do we contact?

two things first:
wouldn't it be better to have a series of application designs and
specifications (read standards) that could be implemented in a variety
of languages that could be implemented on a variety of software
solutions.  For instance, while I might be more inclined to use a python
or php implementation of a standard package, others might be inclined to
use java, etc.  However, done correctly any implementation of the design
should be able to use the same data.  just a thought.

>Although we haven't made a lot of noise about it, we're seriously thinking about moving thevarious functions of SEUL/edu (the Linux in education reports, the case studies, the software database, the wiki, the listing of Linux in education links, the mailing list) off to other willing projects or to Schoolforge itself if no one else wishes to host them, and closing the SEUL/edu website.  We'll have to see if that makes the most sense, but we think that having less duplication is a good thing.

We'd be happy to host whatever you want in terms of SEUL/edu at the
center for digital discourse and culture, but I think to some extent the
maintenance should be distributed.

--
jeremy hunsinger		http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
cddc/political science		http://www.cddc.vt.edu