Re: [seul-edu] Link Management System

| This normally would be on the inside of the school LAN and attached to the
| local in-school webserver. All schools should have these in order to allow
| teachers to create websites to direct students to educationally
| appropriate sites. All school workstations would normally load this as the
| home page, rather than any external site (which would be much slower than
| LAN speed).

Les,

Good timing. Here is the message I was just
composing - we are looking for just such an
application.

----

 There is a lady at one of the high schools here
 who was saving links for her class at a web site
 called "murl.com" that's no longer there. I was
 suggesting to her that she keep her links on
 a web server on their intranet instead of the
 internet (for obvious reasons.) She was willing
 to do so but I haven't had time to identify an
 application for her.

 This could be a simple web page, I know. But
 she doesn't know html that well yet and likes
 the web based form for entering links she was
 used to.

 How difficult would it be to adapt your perl
 scripts to allow teachers to collect their
 own links for their classes in some kind of
 space on an intranet web server. The entry and
 editing the links should be password protected.
 Students would simply access the links she provides
 for them.

 Would you be interested in doing this? We
 could give the software a field test and give
 you some feedback if you want. Maybe some default
 links from the SEUL database could be included
 eventually.

----

I was going to say "What do you think?" but
it sounds like you already have what she needs!
How to we get it?

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US