[Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Managing the coalition--responsibilities]

-------- Original Message --------

From: "Kyle Hutson" <smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Managing the coalition--responsibilities

On 5 Dec 2001 at 15:03, Doug Loss wrote:
> Here's the second part of my ideas about running this thing.  This
> is about how responsibilities are parceled out and met.
>
> [deletia]

My only reservation about the coalition as you've presented it is
with the voting system.

It sounds too much like Debian's philosophy on moving things to
STABLE, which has kept things from a progressing very quickly.  I'm
thinking of something more along the lines of discovering a security
breach.  The discoverer [coaltion member] notifies the vendor
[coalition] of what they're going to do, unless the vendor [coaltion]
asks them not to because of A) it's already been found and fixed
(another coalition member is already doing it), or B) the vendor
[coalition] needs more time (to decide if that's something we're
interested in doing at all).

I can see the purpose of voting in some instances (e.g., is this what
we want to be doing/promoting), but let's not get bogged down in
voting on details.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323
smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591