re: mission statement Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge ready for PrimeTime?

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Felipe Bergo wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:45:22 -0500 (EST)
> From: Felipe Bergo <bergo@seul.org>
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge ready for Prime Time?
>
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, David M. Bucknell wrote:

<SNIP SNIP SNIP>

> > *A mission statement
>
> hmm...I am not a fan of these dreaded mission statements.
> I think a wee bit longer document, communicating the following issues:

I think Felipe's idea sounds fine for now.

If and when schoolforge.org ever intends to become an officially
"incorporated" non-profit organization, that is a crucial time to develop
a concise, and kurt mission statement.

I don't mean to imply that this schoolforge coalition is the unit through
which the members intend to ever start any semblance of a non-profit.

I'm just saying, that the purpose of a formal "mission statement" is
legally oriented, based on getting approved for funding (and donation
acceptance), and also for PR purposes.

my two cents.
 -karl