Re: [seul-edu] schoolforge frontpage - App Index

Les,
Les Richardson <richl@mail.tfsd.sk.ca> said:

> > I remember Blue Linux saying yes and wonder if all the apps
projects/companies
> > who are active participants (schoomation, mimerdesk, Manhattan etc.) can
> > somehow be listed other than just on the apps page? Perhaps in an
expandable
> > (javascript?) list?
>
> There are a variety of approaches that could be used. One approach would
> be to add an attribute to the current index listing "associate group" that
> a particular application is associated with so that one can easily build
> dynamically created (and perhaps javascript controlled) "views".

Whatever the decision is re the front page, the above is an excellent idea
(i.e. "associate group"), perhaps including an icon eventually.

> Another useful attribute is timestamping (which currently exists in
> database but isn't being used.)
>
> Of course the application index, case studies, links can all be called
> remotely (and I can add more callable attributes (i.e.
> ?format=lang&sortorder=date) to control format) and poured into a frame
> (if static page), etc.

Like the headlines, this is a good idea for the front page. Which I know is
too big, but I figure we have to know what we want added before we can figure
out how to make it all fit comfortably, or in what abbreviated form.

> Currently all formats of these reports are controlled by a CSS stylesheet
> which is easily changed, etc.
>
> It all depends on what is desired for look and feel.
>
> Les Richardson

Thanks,

David