Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: vb translator]

Doug Loss wrote:

> owner-seul-edu@seul.org wrote:
>
> > From: "Black, Kelly" <kblack05@sprintspectrum.com>
> >
> > I stumbled across a post you made regarding some sort of vb2perl filter
> > being useful in a newsgroup 2 years ago.
> >
> > It happens that I was in fact looking for such an animal, as some of my
> > co-workers have built in heavy dependence on unreliable (and resource
> > hungry)
> > VB. I would love to be able to port the code to Perl, as manually converting
> > it
> > could take years.
> >
> > Did you have any success in this vein? If so might I inquire of your advice?

Well, they're not exactly vb2perl, but here are some apps that might be of
interest:

GNOME Basic  <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gb/>
Visual Basic for Linux  <http://sourceforge.net/projects/vb4linux/>
Phoenix Object Basic  <http://www.janus-software.com/phoenix_body.html>

Of these, the first seems the best from a standpoint of cost, degree of
development, and completeness.