[seul-edu] Schoolforge headlines

One of the features we want for the schoolforge site relatively soon
is to be able to pull headlines from certain member projects.

1. The main one that comes to mind is opensourceschools.org, since it
generates interesting headlines pretty frequently. David: can you work
with Rich or Felipe (or others) to export headlines from opensourceschools
in a way that schoolforge can import them conveniently?

2. We may also want headlines for "recently updated software", say, from
http://richtech.ca/seul/. Rich, how hard would it be for you to export the
"recently changed items" from your db onto the schoolforge frontpage? More
importantly, is this what we want to do, or do we want to leave revisions
and announcements to someplace like Freshmeat, and pull the most recent
change headlines from Freshmeat? I believe the seul application index will
fail unless it has some dedicated people making sure it stays up to date.
(Just like every other education application index has failed so far.)
What's the best way for us to solve this, bearing in mind that reliable
volunteers for this sort of work are generally very scarce?

3. What other types of headlines might we want on the schoolforge page?

--Roger