Re: [seul-edu] material for schoolforge frontpage

Ok. I have placed an initial version of some of this stuff on
http://schoolforge.net/. Look at it and comment. If you just want a word
changed or a typo fixed, feel free to send me private mail so we keep list
spam down. Let's try to make this more useful and better looking, ok? :)

> > * Download a CD of school-related software (students, sysadmins)
> >     http://linuxforkids.com/ (students)
> >     http://ibiblio.unc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/K12LTSP/ (sysadmins)
> >     plus 'teachers' if we make a cd for them
> >
> There are a bunch here that you've missed, although I realize this isn't
> intended to be a comprehensive list: kmLinux, Le Projet SLIS, etc.

I want to limit these CDs to the ones that we actually recommend for
real people. I don't know much about the ones you mention.

Which ones should we list?

> > * Volunteer to help! I'm a:
> >   Student
> >   Teacher
> >   School Admin
> >   Sysadmin
>
> This is already here, although not heavily used.  Our own Bill
> Ries-Knight set up the Linux Educational Needs Posting Pages on
> http://www.linuxhelpers.org quite some time ago.

I left linuxhelpers out because it looks very unprofessional and
haphazard. I think it's fundamentally a good site. Does somebody want to
work with Bill to make a good interface and look'n'feel for linuxhelpers?

Is there software (something akin to bug tracking or management software)
which will do all this for us? What sites are similar to linuxhelpers
that do this sort of thing cleanly and well?

--Roger