Re: [seul-edu] Testimonios Zapatistas

> I just heard about this:
>
> http://durito.sourceforge.net/
>
> The project's goal is to publish, via the Internet and CD-ROM, a
> collection of interviews that were carried out in the 1970's with
> people who participated in the Mexican Revolution. The archive
> includes over 400 hours of audio recordings, which will be made
> available in MP3 or OGG format and will be accompanied by their
> transcriptions, marked up using an XML implementation of the Text
> Encoding Initiative standard. Eventually, other source materials on
> the Revolution will also be included.
>
> Alejandro, did you know about this?  Is it something that ENMAC is
> (or should) be a part of?

Yes, I'm aware of the project. I had the honor to meet the leader of
the project last summer. He is aware of the existence of ENMAC's
Mexican Revolution CD, and we thought about possible ways to
collaborate and/or merge the projects.

We were invited to the first Durito reunion last Tuesday, but,
unfortunately, our job duties and the fact that it was held in Mexico
city -8 hours far away from our city- didn't let us go, but we'll keep
in touch.

I'll forward this message to the Durito's developers.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, 100% better, and 100% yours!