Re: [seul-edu] School Count new page

On Friday 21 December 2001 14:43, you wrote:
> I copied my School page to my new account at seul.
> http://seul.org/~jennifer/osschools/
>
> I hope this address is easier to remember. :)  let me know if
> anything doesn't work, etc. Or if you'd like to add anything.
>
> Jennifer

Jen ... neither address seems to have a mailto: link ... if someone
stumbles across it, they can't add a school to your listing.

While I am on the topic, how DO I add a school to the list?

Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, MI uses RH 6.0 for web and
mail services and as a "Unix" teaching platform.
http://www.cis.hfcc.net

They have a half-dozen dedicated machines, but every terminal on
campus (2-300?) can telnet in to the Linux server and students can
ssh in from off-campus.

How did you get your listings? I suspect there are LOTS more schools
using Linux in some form. I, personally, know of two parochial (one
Lutheran, one Catholic) schools that use it. I have asked the guys on
my LUG for more info so I can pass it along to you. That would make a
quick 5 entries for Michigan (at least).

Bill

Mem:   1545352     991780     553572          0     341712     353244
Swap:   401584          0     401584
Total: 1946936     991780     955156
Linux a.genesis.com 2.4.14 #3 Fri Nov 9 23:14:31 EST 2001 K7 750MHz
6:46am  up 2 days,  4:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00