Re: [seul-edu] Standards and Requirements

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Chris Hornbaker wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I'm a little tired, like I said. Anyway, I'm gathering the information
> > on what the students need to know and should be able to do by the end of each
> > completed grade.
>
> There are no accepted national standards for the sorts of things you're
> wondering about. It's a state by state thing and often district by
> district.

You know, compiling a list of the US standards state by state might be
very useful for people developing courseware and curricula.  Outside the
US such things are generally more centralized, I think, and adding
non-US standards to such a list could be as easy as adding a new US
state's standards.  Anyone want to have a go at compiling such a list?
It doesn't need to be comprehensive from the outset, but as more
standards are added it would become more useful.  Does the US Department
of Education keep information on the developmental standards used in the
various states in some centralized location?  If so, is it available
over the internet?

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--