Re: sample data sets

Dear Pete St. Onge and anyone else who could help,

I would like to start a database of applications which have mulitilingual
support. It would be most useful to have a site where one could see
applications listed by languages as it is quite tedious find out what
applications work with what languages. It would also be nice to work out
some sort of comments section. Example, although I dislike KDE, the
language support options are very nicely executed.

Questions:

1) How to proceed? My only guess is to start at freshmeat and start wading
through sites.
2) Suggestions for overall design.

Cordially,
S. Barret Dolph

"Pete St. Onge" wrote:

> Barrett,
>
> Thanks for the warning... :-)
>      Being one of those poor suckers with a slow connection, I'd rather
> spend the time downloading an image from a web page (binary) which will
> d/l more far more rapidly than wading through attachments
> (ascii-encoded) which will see me grow an even longer beard, even if
> zipped.
>      I would be only too happy to help you with setting up the relavant
> web pages if you'd like.
>
>      Cheers,
>
>      Pete
>
> Barret Dolph wrote:
> >
> > I will be posting some screen shots showing sample data for our
> > school. Unfortunately, our accountant/computer administrator is
> > displeased with how her desktop looks and is dressing it up for the
> > shots. (Why is that important? I don't know.)
> >
> > This will be one big page that will be very graphics heavy. I am
> > sending advance notice for those of you who have poor internet
> > providers such as ourselves. That is if it would take you half a year
> > to get onto the page just ask me and I can send what you need in what
> > size you need. Be specific.
>
> --
> Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
> pete@seul.org                  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052
> SEUL Expert Group - Linux for All!          http://www.seul.org
> Programming For Science Page        http://www.trentu.ca/~erpds
begin:vcard
n:Dolph;S. Barret
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.angelfire.com/on/WhiteHorse/index.html
org:White Horse English Development Center
version:2.1
email;internet:white129@ms7.hinet.net
title:Headmaster
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1