Re: API for Edu-Quizzers

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:29:57 -0800, Bruno Vernier <vernier@vc.bc.ca> wrote:
>>
>> I've been productive!
>>
>> Here is a proposal for an API (a list of recipes for doing Quiz items):
>> (Like any active teacher, I stole these ideas from various sources.)
>> What I like about this proposal is that it fits nicely in EDUML inside <rpc>
>> elements and the recipes are translated into any language in <SCRIPT>
>> elements below.  This is relatively readable and easy to edit because I use
>> a standard API format instead of XML elements for the recipes.
>>[...]
>> If you have read this far, and would like to help build an Open Source Open
>> Content Test-bank/Courseware system, please send comments or recipes or
>> translate the API into your favorite language.
>>

>Bruno, we stand in awe.  It seems to me that you've set out a clear path
>to designing courseware programs very simply and powerfully.  Roman,
>Odile, Barret, Bill, Tim, everyone else, how dows it look to you?  If
>the quizzers built using Bruno's schema keep track of students'
>performance (in the appropriate EDUML format), could our gradebook
>developers look at automatically incorporating those results into their
>gradebooks?  Bradley, Justin, Matt, what do you think?

Yes! It looks good. I have yet  to  look  closer,  but  I  have
almost no spare time these days :-( I propose to merge QZB with
what was already done by Bruno! Unfortunately,  I  can't  be  a
much of the leader now, but what Bruno did is  clearly  on  the
path of my vision of what QZB project must be about.

So,  I  am  asking  how  do  we  call  the  at   last   ignited
OpenSource quiz-software project?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk
Sunday, February 07, 1999 * Powered by Linux RedHat 5.1